Thank you for your interest in submitting one or more of your titles to the 2017 Mathical Book Prize, organized by the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute in partnership with the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) and the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM).
2017 Mathical Call for Submissions (PDF)
Submissions are now closed for 2017.
Submission Forms (available August 1 – September 22, 2016)
All submissions must include book title, author, illustrator, publisher, ISBN, age category, and book description, as well as publisher contact information. There are two options for submission: online form (for individual titles) or Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (for multiple titles).
2017 Submission Guidelines
- Publishers may submit a number of front list titles (published in 2016) equal to 25% of their annual output.
- Publishers may also submit up to 7 backlist titles (published prior to 2016, but still in print) for consider.
- Books submitted last year are not eligible for resubmission.
YEAR OF PUBLICATION
- Mathical Book Prize winners are limited to front list titles only (published in calendar year 2016).
- Mathical Honor Books: Any publication year is accepted as long as the title is currently available in print.
- Both fiction and nonfiction titles may be submitted.
- Textbooks, workbooks, kits, and/or experiment-only books are not eligible.
- Books must be intended for grades Pre-K through 12.
LANGUAGE & ORIGIN
- All books must originate with a children’s publishing company or division and must be published (not simply distributed) by a publisher incorporated in the U.S.
- Spanish-language editions published in the U.S. simultaneously with English-language editions are eligible.
- Books translated into English are eligible.
- Publishers will be contacted to share materials (such as high resolution cover images) if any submissions are selected as 2017 winning titles or honor books.
For additional information, please contact Jennifer Murawski, Mathical Book Prize coordinator, at email@example.com.