Submissions are now closed for the 2018 Mathical Book Prize.
Thank you—we look forward to reading what you’ve sent us!
Have a favorite title from a past year that you really enjoyed? Submit it for consideration as a Mathical Honor Book.
Archived: 2018 Mathical Prize Call for Submissions (PDF)
2018 Mathical Book Prize FAQ
- A single title will be awarded the Mathical Book Prize annually in each of five age categories.
- Additional titles may be named as Honor Books across the same age categories.
- Both fiction and nonfiction titles may be submitted.
- Textbooks, workbooks, kits, and experiment-only books are not eligible.
- All books must originate with a children’s publishing company or division and must be published (not simply distributed) by a publisher incorporated in the U.S.
- Spanish-language editions published in the U.S. simultaneously with English-language editions are eligible.
- Books translated into English are eligible.
What about backlist submissions?
The Mathical Selection Committee welcomes nominations for backlist titles:
- Currently in print
- Published in 2007-2016
- Never previously submitted for the Mathical Book Prize.
Backlist titles will be considered for the designation of Mathical Honor Books, which are included in the Mathical reading list and publicity materials. To nominate one or more backlist titles for consideration, see the online suggestion form.